Craftsman T2200

deriter

Threads
I have a small yard with things to mow around. I noticed this Craftsman T2200 and see that it has the tight turn radius and thought something like that just might work. Is it reasonable to think of getting 400 to 500 hours of service out of one of these without very much repair other than regular maintenance? Looking for reviews and not seeing much so if any of you have one of these machines I would like to hear your thoughts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Craftsman are now exclusively made by MTD who are the cheapest & worst mower maker in the USA
Note a lot of fully imported ones are far worse .
So you are buying at the bottom quality level .
If you look after it and do proper maintenance the first part to fall apart will be the transmission
It should be good good for around 1000 hrs but there are a lot of IF's in that .

deriter

Threads
What I was looking for was the tight turning radius. I think they had it listed at 5 or 6 inches. I've not seen that on other lawn tractors. I really want a 30 inch but what I see all have a bigger turning radius. I tried one of those older snappers but when I tried to make sharp turns with it, it would just push straight ahead even though the wheels were turned. I now have a 46 inch cub cadet which doesn't trim well because of the turning radius and I have places where the 46 inch is just too wide. Hate to try buying one of those zero turns as they are quite expensive for my small yard.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should do like one of my neighbors. A 60" 0-turn with about 400sf of grass. His back yard is 2 swipes with a push mower. Land of the lazy.......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
CMXGRAM211301 (13AKA9ZS093) (T2200) (2022)

Haven't had one these MTD steering system in the shop yet but looks like it hold up better the Husqvarna NZTR steering which is a royal pain to get right. But I still think there will be problems with it too.

Just be aware too that the blades are only available from MTD as they are a new design and patented so no after markets for many years. But at least they reasonable price at $27.50 US retail ea. and there is alternate at $22.

Last edited: