Craftsman snowblower engine sound

If you need me to show/tell you how, you need to go back to night school..!

Too late for night school or any school, not going to happen. I am asking how do you adjust a snow blower under a load. Yes I can under stand maybe the auger running at top governor speed, but that isn't putting it under a load. Just running a warn engine at top governor speed is how I adjust high speed. I can remember adjusting snowmobile carburetors going across a long snow covered lake or field going full bore. That has to be a little tricky with a snow blower
 
Engaging the auger is hardly load. That is just parasitic loss. The OP said it runs fine once the auger is engaged so there is nothing to adjust on the fuel side. The stutter is very common with Tecumseh Snow Kings of all sizes. I've heard hundreds of them doing that to some degree over the years of snow removal as well as purchasing and selling used models. Spending time and/or money on this is a waste. If it is losing power and sputtering while removing snow, then it needs to be addressed. I've wasted time and money tearing down my 8.5hp to adjust the valves and it did nothing to minimize that very same sputter at idle.

reynoldston is correct and it's exactly what I've done for years. Ignore it and remove snow.
 
Engaging the auger is hardly load. That is just parasitic loss. The OP said it runs fine once the auger is engaged so there is nothing to adjust on the fuel side. The stutter is very common with Tecumseh Snow Kings of all sizes. I've heard hundreds of them doing that to some degree over the years of snow removal as well as purchasing and selling used models. Spending time and/or money on this is a waste. If it is losing power and sputtering while removing snow, then it needs to be addressed. I've wasted time and money tearing down my 8.5hp to adjust the valves and it did nothing to minimize that very same sputter at idle.

reynoldston is correct and it's exactly what I've done for years. Ignore it and remove snow.

Here is two of us that had better go back to night school:laughing:
 
Back
Top