Craftsman Snow/ Thrower

crellin

Threads
My snow blower/thrower will not start. It is an 8 horsepower, electric start- dual stage Model 536.881800. I drained it last fall, I ran it until all the gas was gone. I put fresh gas and a new spark plug in today. It still not start

I have not used it much since I have had it, so, I am puzzled about it not starting. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
Is there a push button on the bottom of the carb bowl? if not does it feel cooler then the other metals on the machine? and do you know if there is gas getting to the
cylinder?

crellin

Threads
I will check this out.
Thanks for your reply.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I don't know about you but we got 3 inches of wet snow last night and now it is turning over to a mix so
better get that thing ready snow is coming

crellin

Threads
I don't know about you but we got 3 inches of wet snow last night and now it is turning over to a mix so
better get that thing ready snow is coming

Let me say this, in my 79 years I am getting forgetful and don't always check to see that things are done properly. Sunday night, suddenly it hit me that I might not have put the wire back on the spark plug. I beat it up to my shed and sure enough I had not installed spark plug wire back, when I did it started like a charm. I am not ashamed to admit to my failures

We have had some snow the last few days, nothing heavy. It is 12:30 in in Oakland, Md. and the temp. it 8 above. We normally have well over a hundred inches in our are before spring comes.

Thanks for post, this is a great forum board to be on.

Blessing upon all.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
some times the most simple thing Is over looked not a big deal all that matters is the your snow blower is running and
it will make you life easier this winter if you need any other help just let us know we are glad to help.