Craftsman slow turning

tng6664

Forum Newbie
Hello, I just got a craftsman riding mower . Not sure of the year or model , it's not here right now . I got it from a friend, I know it ran fine about 1.5 yrs. ago . He parked it when he bought a new zero turn . The gas or anything was taken out , conditioned or anything . It has been covered with a tarp . Anyhow ,some info. === 42" , 19.5 dual cylinder engine . The engine turns very slow , it almost comes to a stop when it comes up on comp. .. I pulled both plugs and it spins fast . Possible stuck valves ? I'm just guessing , I have done some auto mechanic work in the past. Never anything on a mower . Where do I begin ? Again , I seen it runnung fine about 1.5 yrs. ago . Thanx
 
Start by checking battery voltage and change the oil. Post model numbers of both the unit and engine and I will try to find you manuals.
 
OK Rivets, I had a battery/boost jumper connected . And I changed the oil . I will get model # asap . Thanx
 
Forgot to say, if it's been sitting, you should clean the ground connection on the chassis and both battery connections.
 
Back
Top