reddragon
Lawn Addict
http://www.hammerwall.com/Download_Manual/5384/ enter the scrambled letters and them click download.......i trying to find the gap specs......how did you find no spark....you pulled the plug and grounded the threads or?
Model 917-378770
I am helping a friend repair this mower. They said it wouldnt start. When you pull start it puffs white/grey smoke and eventually throws a hard kick back but wont start.
I rebuilt the carb with a factory Craftsman rebuild kit...new gas.....but it still wont start and
throws a hard kick back...if it were a car I would say the timing was off?
By kicking I should clarify it feels like it is trying to start backwards or something as it pulls rope back hard.
Hey hey....Its running BUT
ok so here is part of the deal.....this is a no adjust carb.....and the blade has a blade adapter peice on it....took out the air rachet and cranked that on!
now it is starting but runing like a bat out of hell and the choke spring and armiture dont seem to be doing anything....
almost there though
I did replace the fuel line with some older fuel line that higher a slightly higher diameter....could that effect anything....
ok just mowed for a few minutes ....IT is a 7hp and maybe it is running
as should but it does have a throttle control which isnt doing anything and I have a new cable on it.....
as you can see this has been a mission for me
But when I let off the handle and kill it ...it wont restart for say 10 minutes or until it cools down...