Engine craftsman riding mower fuse holder burnt and replaced then magneto burnt

JAllen5050

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / craftsman riding mower fuse holder burnt and replaced then magneto burnt
I replaced my fuse holder and fuse along with my battery because I over charged it by jumping it off with my truck. I know not to do that again. ANYWAY it blew the 20amp fuse immediately. So I put in a 25amp fuse so I could possible see what was getting so hot to blow it. It turns out that the magneto or whatever that thing is that has the spark plug wire coming:thumbdown out of it is. So, if I replace this will it solve the problem???:thumbdown:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't know what engine you have, but if it is a briggs, and you have power to the magneto, then you have a problem with either the wiring or the key switch. At this point the magneto, aka, ignition module is toast and will need to be replaced. but do not replace until you find out why you have power to the module. This will apply to kohlers, and other engines with non powered modules as well.

JAllen5050

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know what engine you have, but if it is a briggs, and you have power to the magneto, then you have a problem with either the wiring or the key switch. At this point the magneto, aka, ignition module is toast and will need to be replaced. but do not replace until you find out why you have power to the module. This will apply to kohlers, and other engines with non powered modules as well.

Thanks will do.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I replaced my fuse holder and fuse along with my battery because I over charged it by jumping it off with my truck. I know not to do that again. ANYWAY it blew the 20amp fuse immediately. So I put in a 25amp fuse so I could possible see what was getting so hot to blow it. It turns out that the magneto or whatever that thing is that has the spark plug wire coming:thumbdown out of it is. So, if I replace this will it solve the problem???:thumbdown:

This may be irrelevant, but I'd put a test light on the kill wire (the little wire that plugs into the magneto) While disconnected, If you have power there, then you have a problem. That wire, should not have power going to it. All the electricity that goes through the mag, should be created by the flywheel (and the things built into it)..

Please let us know what you find out. This is an interesting one. :thumbsup: