Craftsman Riding mower 22 HP 42 cut. Cant get tranny to disengage to push mower.

Zedo

Threads
  • / Craftsman Riding mower 22 HP 42 cut. Cant get tranny to disengage to push mower.
Having a problem disengaging tranny to push mower, when the little coat hanger type rod ( draw bar ) is in the engaged position the mower works fine , when I pull it out I cant push it , wouldn't disengage the tranny ,yes I have the emergency brake off. I looked under the mower couldn't see anything out of whack. I was thinking the brake was locked up but works fine, at least I'm able to stop. Could it be internal or something needs adjusting on the outside of the tranny in the linkage or adjustment somewhere ? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
  • / Craftsman Riding mower 22 HP 42 cut. Cant get tranny to disengage to push mower.
Having a problem disengaging tranny to push mower, when the little coat hanger type rod ( draw bar ) is in the engaged position the mower works fine , when I pull it out I cant push it , would disengage the tranny ,yes I have the emergency brake off. I looked under the mower couldn't see anything out of whack. I was thinking the brake was locked up but works fine, at least I'm able to stop. Could it be internal or something needs adjusting on the outside of the tranny in the linkage or adjustment somewhere ? Thank you in advance.
Occasionally the bypass sticks on these transaxles. Follow the release wire under the machine to the bypass lever on the side of transaxle. Spray it with PB Blaster and work it back and forth preferably right at the lever with a plier or by hand. See if that solves the sticking issue.