Craftsman Rear Drive Mower

jimshoe52

Member
I have a 1990 Craftsman rear drive (10 h.p.) riding mower. I'd like to replace the drive belt. It seems to be buried up inside beneath the engine. I'm sure there must be a manufacturer's technique to doing this? At first blush, it looks like removal of just about everything underneath just to get to it. I've already removed the mower deck but still can't reach it. The owner's manual isn't helpful in this area at all, it just shows the belt pattern and that's it.

Maybe someone's got one like this and knows "the secret" :smile:
 
Maybe someone's got one like this and knows "the secret" :smile:

You are right about that...
There are a lot of machines that are not very intuitive as to regular maintenance item replacement... AND often times it is literally a 'discovered in the field' method that is found to work...

Like rekees, said ... they are all a bit different, perhaps someone has discovered "the secret". for your model... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top