Craftsman Mower - pull start

I have a Craftsman mower with a B&S engine . When I pull the rope start , it freewheels & does not rotate the engine .

Removed the rope start mechanism & there are 2 little plastic " fingers " that swing in and out . Evidently , they are not engaging the " cone " at the top of the engine / flywheel .

A friend told me there should be little springs that push the " fingers " out ?

I need to know which replacement parts to purchase & where . ( Would like to avoid Sears , they are a pain to deal with & expensive .)

I understand this mower is built by Husquavarna ?

Thanks , :-)
Wyr
God bless
View attachment 33629
 

Attachments

  • Craftsman Model Number.jpg
    Craftsman Model Number.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Get the number off of the engine itself will be in the format of XXXXXX XXXx XX will actually say model, type , code above or below the numbers. Then you can take those numbers to your local repair shop and have them get the parts, or go to a site like partstree and look them up yourself.
 
Back
Top