craftsman mower isn't starting

lm002

Active Member
Hello all,
Today i was helping a friend who said there mower quit while running and won't start so i thought i could help. When I got there the first thing I did was check the oil which was very low. Seeing that it is a 21hp engine i was sure that it was just a low oil shut off. We then changed the oil and turned it over and nothing. I then proceeded to change the spark plug and still nothing. I noticed that when I took the plug out it was wet with gas; meaning that it was getting gas so it must just not be getting spark. I checked the conductivity of the seat safety ant the fuse and they were fine. I am officially stumped on this one so please help.
It it a 2007 Craftsman riding mower with a single cylinder 21hp Briggs intec plus engine.
thanks.
 
Remove the blower housing and disconnect the wire that attaches to the ignition module. If you then have spark then it is possible a safety switch. If no spark replace the ignition module.
 
Back
Top