Craftsman mower idling high and low constantly

ktipp

Forum Newbie
Hi. I welcome any help you may provide on my 1 year old mower.

The mower has started to rev high and then low constantly. The low rev almost cuts off but it doesnt and rev high. This continues constantly.

So I replaced the spark plug, clean carburetor and air filter. This did not fix the issue.

I have a Briggs & Stratton QPT Model 917.375450.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
 
Get us the model type and code off of the engine itself. Sears doesn't tell me what engine is on your mower.
 
Thanks but I figured it out.

Just wanted to update in case anyone else has similar issue.

After doing all the above listed I just looked very well at the carb area and noticed the springs we're weak and not holding like it should. So I went to auto zone and bought a 2 pack box of springs and replaced both springs. Runs like a champ now.

You just have to adjust the new springs.

Thanks
 
Back
Top