Craftsman leaf blower impeller nut keeps coming loose

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Craftsman leaf blower impeller nut keeps coming loose
My poulan/husqvarna parts distributor shows the 530047077 as the superceded part number. And you need to order it since my distributor also shows it as NLA

I got thinking that that hex part that is sitting inside the fan is supposed to be one piece with the fan not two separate pieces.
on this particuar blower it is a separate piece but it is NLA now. THe impeller 530014157 was superseded to 530047077 but it is also now NLA. USing 530047077 the OP may be be to find a NOS one.

jake18v

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another obvious problem with the blower is the pull cord never fully retracts into the housing. There is always like 4-5" of stick-out. If I tighten the impeller nut the cord fully retracts. But as soon as I pull the cord, it will have that stick-out issue.

jake18v

Forum Newbie
Threads
I called jacks small engines & ahupd. Neither of them have the part 530-047077. My best shot is buying the impeller off ebay for $20-$35. Debating throwing in the towel and buying a new blower.

Graeden

Threads
I called jacks small engines & ahupd. Neither of them have the part 530-047077. My best shot is buying the impeller off ebay for $20-$35. Debating throwing in the towel and buying a new blower.
If you want to repair the impeller, purchase a stick of jb weld putty, combine the product, flatten it, form it inside of the hex, place the impeller back on to “form” the putty to the hex shaft, pull it back off, trim the excess putty off the edges, let the jb weld finish setting up, and reinstall.

edit: You can also use a hex nut that will fit inside of the blade, then use a drill bit the size of the motor shaft to drill out the center of the nut to remove the threads . Then use epoxy to set the nut into the impeller. The question then is how much time you want to spend repairing this, or if spending $80 is worthwhile.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replace the fan and nut. Use an aircraft nylon locking nut and red thread locker. Blue thread locker is only medium strength. Red is darn near permanent.

slomo