"I agree instead of reading what was said about the tag he jumped into I'll have to do it myself. And yet to see a pic and he has no idea that the transmission is the problem. I looked the belt appeared to be fine isn't the answer."
RDA Lawns, you missed some of my statement so I will try to clear the water. My lawn tractor just quit moving. I checked what could be checked from the outside without seeing anything apparent causing this to happen. I removed the belt from input pulley and was able to turn freely. Most of these transaxles are pretty much the same but I have never had a reason to look inside one, only pictures. Therefor I ask a question here expecting someone to give me their thoughts on replacing or repairing the unit. I did not ask how to do the repair because I knew more info would be needed. I also ask the question of laying the tractor on it's side if anyone had done this with a Craftsman.
I have in the past turned my Sears ST16 Garden Tractor over to make repairs underneath without having problems. It was built in '72 (purchased new) and is quite a bit sturdier built and simpler too, but better in my opinion. I would not hesitate to do the same with my Husqvarna Garden Tractor if the need arises for it too is better build than a typical Lawn Tractor. (keeping in mind the orientation of the engine). I did not ever in any post try to jerk anyone's chain and sorry if I gave that impression. That seems to be a problem these days with all the expected PC with everyone. I never try to confront a person with simple things that really has no importance, and didn't this time. I have been respectful with my few post and intend to continue in that vane.
Boobala, this was a simple misunderstanding and sorry it happened. I'll not be so thin skinned in the future. Assuming the administrator allows my membership to continue. :ashamed: