Craftsman - Kohler Mo# 917.271030. wires and connector connected to the voltage regulator burnt

stephen165

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman - Kohler Mo# 917.271030. wires and connector connected to the voltage regulator burnt
Good news! But keep an eye on the wrapped diode when it overheats it fries all different color wires if you try to over fuse it

biplob827

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman - Kohler Mo# 917.271030. wires and connector connected to the voltage regulator burnt
Update: So, after I eliminated the 2 yellow wires, the mower was starting and charging fine. I was able to ride it as well. But, as soon as I engaged the mower, the fuse blew! Then I put a new fuse, same result, it blew again as soon as I engaged the mower to cut grass. I can drive the mower, but cant engage the cutter! Please advise. Should I connect the yellow wires back the way it was? Thank you.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Leave the wires disconnect and determine what is shorting out the pto.. The overload of the yellow wires could of damaged and fused the wires going to the electric clutch.