Craftsman has no power

tucker0104

Threads
I recently replaced the fuel cutoff solenoid valve. There were two wires so it shouldn't matter which goes to which wire, right? It started after I put everything back together but didn't seem to run as strong as it did before. I mowed my lawn and after I finished mowing my lawn, I sprayed the mower clean. After cleaning it, I started it and it barely ran. I had it in full forward and it only crawled forward. So, the only things that I disassembled are the throttle springs but the engine seems to be revving up right so I don't think that is the problem. I am thinking a dirty carb. The model number is 917.276600. Has about 150 hours on it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
tucker0104 said:
I recently replaced the fuel cutoff solenoid valve. There were two wires so it shouldn't matter which goes to which wire, right? It started after I put everything back together but didn't seem to run as strong as it did before. I mowed my lawn and after I finished mowing my lawn, I sprayed the mower clean. After cleaning it, I started it and it barely ran. I had it in full forward and it only crawled forward. So, the only things that I disassembled are the throttle springs but the engine seems to be revving up right so I don't think that is the problem. I am thinking a dirty carb. The model number is 917.276600. Has about 150 hours on it.

I would double check the springs.
And maybe swap the wires.
As far as the slow speed after sprayed it down I would say the belt and or pulleys have got wet.

When you engage the blade pto and the RPMs drop does it recover back to full RPMs?
If not than I would say redo the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

tucker0104

Threads
Any idea how the springs are suppose to be assembled. I learned my lesson about always take pictures on this job. I had a part that I thought was the right part so I thought it would only be apart for 5-10 minutes. 2 weeks later, I was screwed

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would just search you make and model number. Maybe even on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF