Engine Craftsman Generator

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ditto on the key, can move up the shaft a bit and jam up the works.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks, will look at the key... For somereason I was thinking it just set on the taper... Didnt think of a key

AVB

Threads
What I was referring to was the stator housing; not the rotor to crankshaft. Sorta like a starter housing so the mounting screws/bolts don't touch the windings and wear though from vibrations.Now with the stator out alignment the rotor might sitting off center on the tapered crankshaft. Definitely don't want it sitting off center at 3600 rpm.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I took the generator apart, a lot simpler than i thought, i exposed the big winding and magnets on the crankshaft and the ones inside the housing, there is no binding. it all goes on straight and smooth, but i cant get that cover over the 2nd piece..... it is very weird..............
i can tighten the 4 rods down that pull the two halves together, but it only pulls from the 4 corners and the top wont slip over the edge of the 2nd cover.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've tried everything this evening...... it seats fine on the bottom and sides but that top just won't budge!:mad:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes there is a small line up lug and slot that has to be meshed to have everything in alignment, maybe at the top of the case there, could be it's not just exactly lined up? Might try to put the top together first and draw in the sides and bottom?