Repairs Craftsman EZ-MULCH won't start!

dhutch80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I've read a lot of threads but couldn't find my answer so decided to post. I have a Craftsman EZ-MULCH 42" 42E707.. The tractor always ran great but I left it sit out for one winter, now having all kinds of problems getting it running! It used to fire up immediately and never had any problems.. But I moved and needed this mower again and tried to get it started, but it was just cranking and not trying to fire up. I could only get it running when I'd put gas in the top of the carb, then the gas would pull up through the filter while running for several seconds, then stall and the gas would run back down.. I eventually fried the starter messing with it, so I replaced the starter, now I only get a single click when I hit the key. It sounds like it's coming from the voltage gauge, but can't really tell. I ordered a new solenoid, but it also looks like the ignition switch is corroded more than it should be also! It ran great last year, and was cranking over fine this year while trying to start it.. bit more just a click! Anyone have this problem and have any solutions?? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carb needs cleaned or rebuilt. Possibly easier to replace. When you replaced the starter did you clean all connections and put it back excatly how it was

dhutch80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes the starter is correct. It was a fairly easy swap. The engine runs fine, just couldn't get it to turn over.. only click when I turned the key.. I put the new solenoid on today and had the same problem for a few tries, then I double checked the wires but didn't change any of them.. and it turned over! Finally! It wouldn't get gas so I just kept priming the carb by squirting just enough gas in the top of the carb to keep it running until the gas made it up through the filter and into the carb on its own..now it runs and starts fine. Now just gotta fix a couple flats and change the deck! Hope that goes a little easier.. Thanks!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes the starter is correct. It was a fairly easy swap. The engine runs fine, just couldn't get it to turn over.. only click when I turned the key.. I put the new solenoid on today and had the same problem for a few tries, then I double checked the wires but didn't change any of them.. and it turned over! Finally! It wouldn't get gas so I just kept priming the carb by squirting just enough gas in the top of the carb to keep it running until the gas made it up through the filter and into the carb on its own..now it runs and starts fine. Now just gotta fix a couple flats and change the deck! Hope that goes a little easier.. Thanks!

I would run some seafoam through it just to clean anything out