Craftsman Deck

lefty2cox

Threads
I have a 917.288570 for which I need a deck. Part number on the deck is 532425383.

I'm looking for a used one and was wondering if anyone knows of any other makes that would fit the bill as well. I recently installed a scott's deck on a john deere that was an exact match. I'm hoping to find out which other manufacturers might also fit on the craftsman as to increase my odds of finding one.

Thanks

NorthBama

Threads
I have a 917.288570 for which I need a deck. Part number on the deck is 532425383.

I'm looking for a used one and was wondering if anyone knows of any other makes that would fit the bill as well. I recently installed a scott's deck on a john deere that was an exact match. I'm hoping to find out which other manufacturers might also fit on the craftsman as to increase my odds of finding one.

Thanks
Husqvarna or weedeater brands

MowerNick

Threads
That tractor was made by husqvarna originally. So a husqvarna, poulan pro, or even some ariens decks will fit it. I also believe you can use a 42'' or 46" as long as they both use a manual pto. (cable engaged)

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That tractor was made by husqvarna originally. So a husqvarna, poulan pro, or even some ariens decks will fit it. I also believe you can use a 42'' or 46" as long as they both use a manual pto. (cable engaged)
You had better do some close measurements and seriously eyeball the whole thing. There is no cross reference deck chart to refer to. Otherwise you are going to end up with a deck you cannot potentially use, and a lot of wasted time and money.