Craftsman 7.25 Platinum - won't start - help please

Update: called Sears for the part numbers found out the closest Sears Parts store is too far away so went to Ace Hardware they had one part but not the other a bracket. purchased the screw and tried to fix the cable holder clamp and realized there's a piece INSIDE the clamp that broke off so the screw won't work because there's nothing inside to attach it to... just finished a chat session with Sears Parts who will happily sell me the entire cable assembly but not explain why the piece inside the clamp broke off. I don't believe under normal use, this piece should have broken since it isn't a moving part. Ace said they have a heavy duty adhesive I can purchase, I'm going to do that. I think I've attached a picture of the inside of the clamp here for reference...is this normal wear and tear and just my lesson to learn? As always, thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 9
I agree, parts should be designed so they don't break under normal use, but sadly that is not always the case. We just have to pick up the pieces, so to speak, and go on. I hope the adhesive works but have my doubts that it will. I've never had much luck gluing things back together.

You can always order parts here, provided they're not discontinued: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/brands/Craftsman-Parts?sid=aff:shareasale&ref=sas#

Just put in the Sears part number of your mower and you should be able to find what you need.
 
Back
Top