Craftsman 32cc weedwacker problem

Even though others have not mentioned this because it is elementary. My new unit and at least 2 others within the month have needed hi and low speed fuel adjustments via the D headed screws inside the little aluminum casting. The units did not die, but starved. Try search in this forum
 
Alright I have this problem with my Craftsman 32cc Weedwacker trimmer, the problem is that once I start the engine, it starts but as soon as I pull the trigger it dies off within a couple seconds, I've asked people what the problem was and they said maybe its the carb, so I went to Sears and bought a brand new carb and installed it, still won't work, I also tried replacing the fuel lines, and the fuel filter, spark plug, still no luck. Please help

I don't know how many hours you have on the trimmer but check the spark arrestor in the muffler. It's the screen in the muffler. Over time it gets clogged with carbon if it's plugged up you would get that symptom to. take it out and use a propane torch burn it to an ash and blow it off with air. I've had 3 string trimmers I had to clean that way. Run like new afterwards. Just a thought.
 
The air filter is clean, that's why I didn't care to buy a new one, and it also seems like my fuel lines are in the right place, I'm just confused why as soon as I pull the trigger it dies of within a couple seconds, the engine runs great when you haven't pulled of the trigger, but as soon as you do it dies.
 
You may just need to richen up your mixture screws a tad, just turn them 1/8 to the left for starts.
 
Alright I have this problem with my Craftsman 32cc Weedwacker trimmer, the problem is that once I start the engine, it starts but as soon as I pull the trigger it dies off within a couple seconds, I've asked people what the problem was and they said maybe its the carb, so I went to Sears and bought a brand new carb and installed it, still won't work, I also tried replacing the fuel lines, and the fuel filter, spark plug, still no luck. Please help

Hi
I have the same problem.No one came up with the answer yet.I've done about everything possible other than purchasing a new one.
 
The problem has been solved and saved another weedwacker from ending up in the land fill or China.:confused2::laughing::licking:
 
Back
Top