Correct p/n for 125BVX Cylinder/Piston/Rings kit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First Bert none of us ever knows everything but as long as you willing to learn you are steps ahead of someone that thinks they know everything. I know that I definitely don't everything as it is impossible too many ways of doing things. Just for example is those neon spark testers . I just a member to have one showing spark on a bad coil so he was scratching his head as why the engine would not start. Lucky for him it was a v-twin so just out what if case he swapped the coils and no spark problem moved with the coil. Now that I know that these tester can give a false positive indication I know not to fully trust them.

Must terrible to be married. Probably why I have been single all my life. Even though I still have someone that complains about the money I spend on tools; Myself.

But in this business buying specialized tools is a must; although, you got to buy wisely. When I was told that I need separate vacuum and pressure testers I did my research and brought a MityVac combo unit. I don't use it a lot but do several times a year. Mostly testing leaky carburetors that I am repairing and have a few that was beyond repairs so I didn't buy the repair kits, just a new carb.

As for tools it is a balancing act as what I need and those impulse one time use ones. I got ATV tools that only see the light of day every few years so they are taking space most times but if I don't have them I would need to buy them at the newer higher prices.

If I was in the automobile repair line it would be easy to use the local parts store loaner program on seldom used tools. Even then a couple 50 mile round trips to do add up plus the time lost at the shop. I went ahead just purchase some of the loaner tool sets at a discount as I was using them three or four times a year.

As for the leak down tester yes a homemade tester works; although, a commercial made unit is better. I used a homemade unit for years until I could afford a professional tester. So what you don't have a percentage gauge most time you just looking the source a leak like a stuck valve or blown head gasket. Matter of matter I still my old tester just as much as I use the new one.