Correct Deck Belt for Poulan Pro 300 EX

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I had the same issue last year with my Poulan 300ex and it took me some trial and error before I got the 97.5" belt. That's definitely the one you want to go with. I am now needing to replace the drive belt and hoping I don't have the same issue.
Jason,
Welcome to the forum & thank you for sharing
However the thread you have revived is from 2012 .

Jason1169

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine calls for a 95.5 but I had the same issue. I barely got it on and it wouldn't turn over because it was too tight. I put on the 97.5 and it was perfect.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The only issue I had with belts is the aftermarket ones being shorter than the labeled specs. I had to throw out nearly a $1000 in belt last year because all were one to two inches short (1/2") and the 5/8 were even worst about being short by up to three inches.

I now only use OEM whenever possible and that saves a lot of headaches as I can't trust the after markets to be what they say they are. It cost me nearly $200 for measurer but that was well worth it as I check even the OEM belts when I have a fitment problem.

Jason1169

Forum Newbie
Threads
The only issue I had with belts is the aftermarket ones being shorter than the labeled specs. I had to throw out nearly a $1000 in belt last year because all were one to two inches short (1/2") and the 5/8 were even worst about being short by up to three inches.

I now only use OEM whenever possible and that saves a lot of headaches as I can't trust the after markets to be what they say they are. It cost me nearly $200 for measurer but that was well worth it as I check even the OEM belts when I have a fitment problem.
Ouch!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just think I need order another 30" extension for the measurer now that I running into belts over 170". Now that is another $50 but that will the tool to 200" but I will to add a stiffer to it and find a place to put it away when not needed.

Jason1169

Forum Newbie
Threads
I noticed the date after I replied. I was on Google searching for the drive belt size and found this forum and a post about the deck belt and thought I would give my 2 cents.