Corded or cordless?

Braggs,
I've been filling up two - 2 gal cans of gas every 2 weeks or so for years. I added solar and I guess, I'm trying to recoup some money. Right now I'm keeping it under a large patio, out of the sun and rain. I liked the 48 volts. I seem to alway need gas when I have none, then spilling gas, The oil never gets changed in the small lawn mowers. The filter always seemed to need cleaned and of course getting it started every weekend. Battery Are Us, is a good place to start for your battery problems. Right now I'm out of gas again.

McGrindy,
I'm glad the goats working out. And Yes T-shirts are a favorite food for them.:confused2:

Smartaleck,
Very true.

Vern
Check-out Home projects menu:
 
The Black & Decker cordless lawn mower is proving to be perfect for my yard. I was concerned because we kept getting rain after the mower arrived, but the grass was getting so long that I felt I had to mow it before the neighborhood attacked, so I had at it. The long, damp grass was no challenge for the mower, and it has continued to do an excellent job with great convenience. I have only used it to mulch, and will probably only use it in that mode, so can not speak to the grass gathering capability. Excellent product!
 
I would go corded, I can not stand running out of power. Even with hand tools, they all have to be corded, MORE POWER!!! :biggrin:
 
I've got a cordless goat, and it seems to run fine!:biggrin: In all seriousness, however, battery technology is advancing so quickly that even a 2 yr. old cordless mower is quickly becoming archaic. I like the instant torque and comparatively low maintenance, and of course they're comparatively quiet, which goes well in the neighborhood.:wink:
 
Hmm... Neither!

If money was no object I'd go for a really expencive electric start self propelled walk behind petrol mower :smile:
 
I have thick grass 6 to 7 inches high out there right now. You guys who think cordless are such a BFD show me one that will cut that stuff without stalling. And I want a 22 inch cut, self propelled, cordless that will cut wet grass at 4 mph. Cordless....WHAT A JOKE......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 
i would also go corded.. i have seen lots of houses without outside outlets,or just one outlet that you would need ten miles of electric cord to cut the whole yard.or a yard that has lots of trees ,bushes berms,etc. that a corded mower would be difficult to manouver through the maze. then maybe a cordless will do.but i'll still take a corded one for my yard,unless maybe i can be schooled on battery technology to where i could trust the continous power to finish the yard....now if you throw a reel mower into the choice,then i'm jumpin all over that one right now:laughing:
 
I have thick grass 6 to 7 inches high out there right now. You guys who think cordless are such a BFD show me one that will cut that stuff without stalling. And I want a 22 inch cut, self propelled, cordless that will cut wet grass at 4 mph. Cordless....WHAT A JOKE......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cordless mowers aren't for everybody. They're for 1/4 to 1/3 acre lawns or smaller. If that doesn't "cut it" for you, then don't buy one. There's no need for you to harass the people who like them and can use them.
 
Back
Top