confused about starter switch

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks IL for you help.

rigoletto

Threads
If it is like that one it should be......
L=Lights
G=Ground
S=Start
B=Battery
M=Magneto

Just don't get Confused just replace one wire at a time.

I get it, engine. Thanks. Im gonna order the 0267 asap. Thanks to all thet helped! You guys are ALWAYS there!! (if yous dont hear from me it means al went well and the switch was truly to blame.........)

rigoletto

Threads
Oh- lastly, while im waiting , Im thinking of cutting grass by jumping the mower starter then I need to wire jump 2 terminals on the starter switch wire cluster terminal. Should I jump B and M (magneto)? other terminal ends?

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only thing that should ever touch the M terminal is a ground wire to kill the engine. If you put voltage to the Ignition module you will need to replace it, because it will fry. If you have a fuel solenoid on the carb, you will need to supply power to it when it is starting and running.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only thing that should ever touch the M terminal is a ground wire to kill the engine. If you put voltage to the Ignition module you will need to replace it, because it will fry. If you have a fuel solenoid on the carb, you will need to supply power to it when it is starting and running.

Very good advice...! I would leave it until you have the new switch.

rigoletto

Threads

glad I asked! Good to know one can ruin stuff- I will wait for new switch. Thanks again.