Commercial Mower Value Question

merkaba

Threads
My father-in-law is very interested in buying my mower off me. I've only owned it for 4 weeks. I bought it for $1900 + put $500 into it for repairs. It's a Husqvarna LZ 5227...somewhere between 2008-2010. The dealership I brought it to asked how much I paid for it and when I told them $1900 they were surprised. They said that the bagging system alone is worth that and that I got a crazy deal. I know nothing about mowers...so that was surprising. My father-in-law has wanted it since the second he saw it. I am debating selling it to him and spending a bit more and upgrading to something newer...but not too sure yet. I have no idea how to figure out the proper value of the machine. This is my first zero-turn mower, and i really love it. I can't believe how well the bagging system works....my lawn looks so much cleaner since using this. Can anyone give me an idea how much it's worth? Everything works great. Any help would be appreciated.

xSCBblf.jpg

zruHlXW.jpg

6pxhZAU.jpg

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My father-in-law is very interested in buying my mower off me. I've only owned it for 4 weeks. I bought it for $1900 + put $500 into it for repairs. It's a Husqvarna LZ 5227...somewhere between 2008-2010. The dealership I brought it to asked how much I paid for it and when I told them $1900 they were surprised. They said that the bagging system alone is worth that and that I got a crazy deal. I know nothing about mowers...so that was surprising. My father-in-law has wanted it since the second he saw it. I am debating selling it to him and spending a bit more and upgrading to something newer...but not too sure yet. I have no idea how to figure out the proper value of the machine. This is my first zero-turn mower, and i really love it. I can't believe how well the bagging system works....my lawn looks so much cleaner since using this. Can anyone give me an idea how much it's worth? Everything works great. Any help would be appreciated.

xSCBblf.jpg

zruHlXW.jpg

6pxhZAU.jpg

Whatever price keeps you in good graces with your father-in-law.
Certainly not more than you have in it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I could sell it for $4500 today.
If you was to spend $5000 on a new mower you would not find one as good as what you have.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you was to spend $5000 on a new mower you would not find one as good as what you have.

I agree with Carscw completely.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

To look at a picture and tell someone what the mower is worth is ridiculous. There are to many variables to consider to do that. For example what make engine is on it, how many hours are on the mower engine, what's the mowers actual age, what condition is it in mechanically... drives, spindles, the pto etc. Even if a dealer check everything out and said it was fine you have no guarantee that tomorrow with how old the mower is that that something major could go bad, like a drive unit.
Considering that the new Husqvarna 52" commercial is $5599.00 whats an 8 year old Husqvarna 52 mower worth. My opinion would be if your father-in-law would give you 1900 + your 500 in repairs for the mower and you wanted to sell it I'd grab it and run. Or I'd keep the thing and mow with it till the wheels fell off.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
$4000 easy without a engine on it.
I am going to take your pictures and post the mower on Facebook for 24 hours. For $5000 I will snap chat all the comments I get.

merkaba

Threads
The mower has 1500 hours on it. I just had all the spindle bearing replaced, new blades, and the blower bearings/fan all upgraded to the latest version that fixed a bunch of issues with past versions. The shop went through everything else and didn't find any issues anywhere. It's been used, but it's been maintained. It works great. All the specs are below. I believe it's a 2008 or 2009. If it's worth 4500/5000...i'm going to likely sell it for that instead of sell it to my father-in-law.

Their blurb about the mower:

The large frame LZ Series mowers were designed with the needs of the lawn care professional clearly defined. Utilizing a vertical engine arrangement, coupled to a rock-solid uni-frame chassis, these zero turn mowers offer a super low center of gravity, simplified component servicing and reduced heat to the operator. Wide rear tires and oversized front casters round out the package and make the LZ series very stable and comfortable to operate.

l0h4JtM.jpg

merkaba

Threads

That's interesting....what would you recommend for an 'upgrade' with a bagging system similar to what I have? I don't mind spending more money if needed. I'm also not opposed to purchasing something else used...just newer/lightly used (1-3 years old). Is there any benefit technology wise to upgrading to something new(er) vs spending some money on this when the time comes?

merkaba

Threads
Also...the original owner paid around $8500-9000 for the mower when he purchased it new. I believe this was without the bagging system.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also...the original owner paid around $8500-9000 for the mower when he purchased it new. I believe this was without the bagging system.

I would keep this mower.
You are not going to be able to match it with a newer one for under $7000.
Truth be told a new mower ( any brand) is not made as good today as it was 6 years ago.
These guys that buy a new mower every year or two are paying more for a cheaper built mower.
I run 4 toro mowers full time. My wife keeps saying go back to the husqvarna.