Command Pro CH740 only runs if you hold the key in START position

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Command Pro CH740 only runs if you hold the key in START position
So we need to look at your mower's wiring to see what could be starving voltage to the S.A.M. unit when in the run position on the keyswitch!!!!!

gfp55

Threads
I am amazed that no one else has stepped in!!!!! At least with a bad guess...... But the SAM unit needs voltage while cranking
and when the key goes back to run, so it should be a straightforward rundown.......
Fish I can't help with this one, its over my head and you know how bad advice is worse then no advice. Give it some thought and you can help the guy. Sorry I can't help. "But thats just me"

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well the best guess would have been the keyswitch, but since he has run the test, he gets voltage to the SAM while cranking and has spark, but when the key clicks back to the run position, he loses voltage to the SAM and loses spark, so it should be somewhat straightforward........

glwilliams58

Threads
Re: Command Pro CH740 only runs if you hold the key in START position (SOLVED)

Fish, you nailed it. It was just a matter of working backward from the SAM.

It was the first connector nearest the SAM. It is a black connector and when you separate it, it has one terminal that shows 12v on START, and one that shows 12v on ON/RUN. Once I saw that I knew I had what I was looking for.
I cleaned off the connectors and pushed it back together and it started right up and ran perfect.

It must have worked itself loose. There is no lock on it. I will zip tie it.

Thanks for all of your help!

GW

gfp55

Threads

It was the first connector nearest the SAM. It is a black connector and when you separate it, it has one terminal that shows 12v on START, and one that shows 12v on ON/RUN. Once I saw that I knew I had what I was looking for.
I cleaned off the connectors and pushed it back together and it started right up and ran perfect.

GW
Thats great, I knew Fish could help you out. I'm glad you got you mower going good, also I bet you learned something. Theres some people on this forum that know their stuff and others that don't, me being one that don't. Good Call Fish...... Good Luck glwilliam58 "But thats just me"

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

GW

Glad you found it!!!! Electrical/ignition problems are difficult enough, but that damn SAM module makes the difficulty meter rise
exponentially!!!! And like many electrical issues, it is usually poor/dirty connections... Glad you found it!!!!!