Command 25CV Cylinder Wall Damage

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I've added some info to my previous post if you want to look at it again.

Riddler

Threads
I've added some info to my previous post if you want to look at it again.
I see what you added. That is terrific. There is no space limit on the air cleaner. I was prepared to make necessary modications to the wiring harness (figured at minimum that the newer engine uses different connectors than the old one), but maybe not (fingers crossed).

It may take me a few weeks to get the swap completed, but I'll report back when I'm done.

Thanks again for the valuable input.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I see what you added. That is terrific. There is no space limit on the air cleaner. I was prepared to make necessary modications to the wiring harness (figured at minimum that the newer engine uses different connectors than the old one), but maybe not (fingers crossed).

It may take me a few weeks to get the swap completed, but I'll report back when I'm done.

Thanks again for the valuable input.
Yeah, same wire harness part number so it should plug right in with no modifications. Exhaust will fit fine too.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the damage on the bottom? closer to the exhaust valve? Crud packed on the outside from the area?

Same area on both sides?

Riddler

Threads
Is the damage on the bottom? closer to the exhaust valve? Crud packed on the outside from the area?

Same area on both sides?

Yea, one cylinder has damage to the very bottom of the bore, nearest to the where the exhaust manifold bolts on. In the photos I attached to my original post, it's easy to see.

The other cylinder, however, also has some damage to the lining, but it is located in the upper half of the bore. I posted a picture
of that cylinder too.

Riddler

Threads
Yeah, same wire harness part number so it should plug right in with no modifications. Exhaust will fit fine too.
Thanks to all the helpful input in this thread, I found a new Kohler model that replaced the engine in my 20 year old mower perfectly. Pic below. Machine runs great now.

Attachments

• B0BC02DE-7C64-4E4F-9841-09CFE5C5E002.png
    B0BC02DE-7C64-4E4F-9841-09CFE5C5E002.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 0