Clutch wires ripped out

cneumann

Threads
Hi all,

I have a 2012 JD Z665 with 60" deck.

So father in law was using mower today and backed up, deck quit so i start looking and the wires are ripped out of the clutch on the small block without any wire sticking out.

Is there a way to fix this? Or am i going to have to get a new clutch?
Thanks Codi

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can put ring terminals on the end of the wires and screw a ver short self tapper into the plastic housing.
Cover with liquid electrical tape then use a cable tie to hold the wire tight to the clutch body

cneumann

Threads
You can put ring terminals on the end of the wires and screw a ver short self tapper into the plastic housing.
Cover with liquid electrical tape then use a cable tie to hold the wire tight to the clutch body
With the self tappers do i go right into the original hole where the wire was before

cneumann

Threads
Alright thank you! I will give it a try. If that doesnt work can just that peice be replaced or do you then have to buy a new clutch

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
But before repairing need to determine why the wires got ripped out so it doesn't happen again.

cneumann

Threads
Thanks will be working on fixing this today hope all goes good

Born2Mow

Threads
But before repairing need to determine why the wires got ripped out so it doesn't happen again.
Correct. Ripped out wires is the symptom, not the problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Correct. Ripped out wires is the symptom, not the problem.
My suspicion is the anti rotate device has worn through or came loose allowing the clutch to spin. There were several of those JD that were bad at wearing the device through.