"clutch?" not completely engaging on my craftsman Model- 917270630

Ok so all my brake parts are nice and clean and working very well.... But it's still doin the same thing so I was clearly wrong lol so I guess I'm gonna try replacing the belt and see if that does the trick. How do I find out exactly what length belt is supposed to go on my mower?
 
take your old belt off and take to the mower parts store and compare to new one....make sure you have all your part numbers for the mower/engine and tranny!...new one will have a fabric finish to it...old is probably slick and worn.....it doesnt take much wear to kill these belts and make them slip....they look like auto belts...but the physics are are quite different...[auto belts dont change tension all the time like these]
 
Ok cool but will the new belt be slightly shorter due to the old one stretching or the same length just less worn?
 
same length...just think of it as .."in"spec and "out"of spec difference...your old one might have visible part numbers on it still..if your old one has any thin spots from pulley burn..its shot..
 
Back
Top