Clutch Anti-Rotation Bracket

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a used 2013 Bad Boy ZT Elite 60”

I ended up having to replace the clutch (Ogura 179334) however, when I go to engage the blades, the whole clutch itself spins (pulling the wires out), after doing some research I’ve discovered I probably need an “anti rotation bracket” to keep this from happening (if anyone knows how/where to get this that would probably be of much assistance). However, I don’t believe the clutch I took off had this bracket installed (it’s an after market motor). I see the bolt on the frame where the original clutch anti rotation bracket attached, but is it possible that the new motor and clutch don’t need this and i just installed something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the reply, but unless I’m missing something, in the manual it just shows it all as “clutch assembly” and doesn’t show the anti-rotation bracket.

But now that I’m looking at that, I didn’t have insert a stock key, is it possible that could be my issue?

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suspect that your anti rotation bracket is actually item 17 on page 33 which is the 5/16 x 5 1/2 inch bolt, The key is built into a lot of clutches so it may not be a separate part from the clutch.

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe you are correct, I have that bolt, what I don’t have (and cannot seem to find anywhere on any parts diagram or website) is the silver bracket in the photo, the bracket that actually connects the clutch to that bolt.

Attachments

• 56ECF90F-A767-43CD-98FE-62356A3D3E84.jpeg
    56ECF90F-A767-43CD-98FE-62356A3D3E84.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 11

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I found this bracket on the 2013 magnum version

I also found I parts diagram on a different model that shows the bolt I references sitting in one of the slots on the side of the clutch which was what I was thinking was missing from your mower. and the picture in the owners manual doesn't show the anti rotation device.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just purchased a used 2013 Bad Boy ZT Elite 60”

I ended up having to replace the clutch (Ogura 179334) however, when I go to engage the blades, the whole clutch itself spins (pulling the wires out), after doing some research I’ve discovered I probably need an “anti rotation bracket” to keep this from happening (if anyone knows how/where to get this that would probably be of much assistance). However, I don’t believe the clutch I took off had this bracket installed (it’s an after market motor). I see the bolt on the frame where the original clutch anti rotation bracket attached, but is it possible that the new motor and clutch don’t need this and i just installed something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
It is not how these clutches operate. Without the anti-rotation screw or bracket as soon as you start the engine the clutch starts spinning. This is because of the clutch brake is applied whenever it is off. Normally with the clutch engaged there is no rotational load on the clutch housing. Not installing the antirotation device can be very expensive mistake if the wires are permanently installed in the clutch.

Badboy IPLs are looked-up by serial number, that way you get the correct IPL.

Bad Boy IPLs