Repairs Club Cadet 2550 25 amp blowing

avoglade39

Threads
My 2550 has started blowing the main 25amp fuse at random times. It has blown whether I am mowing heavy grass or short grass . It has blown after a hour mowing or as to day , 1 minute after I started in short dry grass. Never had this issue until about 5 mowings ago. Help !! avoglade39

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this fuse controls the PTO clutch, then I would say that you clutch is going bad. If it shuts done the engine, then you are going to have to search for a wire which is shorting to ground. I have been search for a wiring diagram for your unit, but have not been able to find one yet. Will keep looking.

avoglade39

Threads
If this fuse controls the PTO clutch, then I would say that you clutch is going bad. If it shuts done the engine, then you are going to have to search for a wire which is shorting to ground. I have been search for a wiring diagram for your unit, but have not been able to find one yet. Will keep looking.

Thanks for your input . The machine is only 140 hrs so I hope it is nothing major . I think the problem may be a wire shorting but have not been able to find an exposed wire. The manual is unhelpful . I use to have a 1050 unit which was a good machine but a little light weight for the area I have to mow.It was very quiet compared to this one which sounds like a tank drivig through a garbage dump.