Clover Weeds

jimmyniner

Forum Newbie
Threads
What does anyone use for getting rid of clover type weeds? I have big patches of them in my grass. I have taken out the patches and replanted but they pop up elsewhere. What fert or old fashioned tricks work?

Threads
What does anyone use for getting rid of clover type weeds? I have big patches of them in my grass. I have taken out the patches and replanted but they pop up elsewhere. What fert or old fashioned tricks work?

We have a lot of clover and we don't do anything, the good thing is it stays green! We just cut it short very often and it doesn't look bad.

chn

Threads
If you have a full lawn of fescue, zoiysia, centipede, St Augustine or etc you will want to either take your broadcast or seeder spreader, the name of the stuff I forgot but I think its turf builder. KILLS WEEDS, NOT LAWNS. you will see results within maybe 2 weeks or less. or you can do it the old fashioned Way, I take a spading fork and losen the patch and pull up. I do all this for my customers but my yard I could care less, if I didnt have clover and all the other weeds, I would have no yard. I agree with the person saying it keeps it green.
oh oh oh.... I forgot to mention, make sure you catch the clover before it can seed

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Product I use to control clover is TRIPLET which is manufactured by Nufarm. Gets rid of most thing, but not the grass.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a lot of clover and we don't do anything, the good thing is it stays green! We just cut it short very often and it doesn't look bad.

I like this way i refuse to use herbicides its green at least unlike some other weeds it actually blends into a yard.

jimmyniner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys! Worse comes worse I will cut out patches and switch them with my neighbor. His grass is Better Homes and Gardens perfect!

turfgrasspro

Threads
Depending on the type of turf you have depends on the type of herbicide you are going to be able to use. The best products for clover is going to be Trimec, Trimec Classic, Trimec 992, or generic name brand is known as Triplet. Make sure to always check the label and use as recommended with the type of turf grass you are growing in your lawn.