CLOVER in my lawn

cubby

Threads
It's been very hot lately and the grass is burning up. I noticed the weeds and crab grass are flourishing
quite well. I also noticed a lot of clover starting to creep in all over. I treated for crab grass in the spring
and then weed and feed a couple of months later when the weather was cooler and wetter.

My question is what do I use to get rid of the Clover and when is the best time to use it ?

cligon27

Forum Newbie
Threads
I spray mine with a MSMA. About two ounces for two gallons. It may turn the grass brown but will come back with a good rain.

cubby

Threads
I spray mine with a MSMA. About two ounces for two gallons. It may turn the grass brown but will come back with a good rain.

I don't know that much about chemicals, so what is [MSMA] and where can I get it. Can I buy it at
Tractor Supply or a garden center?

Also thank you for your help.....cubby

Black Bart

Threads
I use ORTHO Clover & Chickweed Killer only thing that has worked for me, This stuff kills clover :thumbsup:

Chev

Threads
I consistantly kill clover with Vigoro Ultra Turf liquid Weed and Feed. It doesn't do much on the crab grass, but does a good job on the clover.

Crab grass kills me. Pre-emergent is about the only thing that will control it and I seed most of the year.......... tough combination.

stuckinnj

Threads
MSMA is readily available at LESCO. Not sure where you are in NJ but there are stores throughout the state. I buy from the LESCO in Mahwah. The manager there is extremly knowledgeable and will only sell you the right product for your needs. While LESCO primary sales are to the commerical landscrapers, they welcome residentials (at least at the Mahwah store). Great people to deal with.

BTW - I have no affiliation w/LESCO.

johnandrew

Threads
You can use Chickweed Killer, on another note, do aerate your lawn every year or so it sure help the grass grow better... if you don't have an aerator you can rent one from you local home depot tool rental shop.

Last edited:

cubby

Threads
MSMA is readily available at LESCO. Not sure where you are in NJ but there are stores throughout the state. I buy from the LESCO in Mahwah. The manager there is extremly knowledgeable and will only sell you the right product for your needs. While LESCO primary sales are to the commerical landscrapers, they welcome residentials (at least at the Mahwah store). Great people to deal with.

BTW - I have no affiliation w/LESCO.

I live in Stanhope, thanks for the tip about Lesco. They used to have a place in Rockaway I'll check it
out....cubby