Chute cover/blocker/lifter for Simplicity Courier?

jposavatz

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Chute cover/blocker/lifter for Simplicity Courier?
Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Simplicity Courier with 48" deck, and would like to install something that replaces the current chute (like a cover/blocker) that can be raised / lowered as needed.

Has anyone already found something that fits? I've searched Google and eBay, and tried one model that claimed to fit (but didn't) ... no luck so far.

Worst case, I'll just attach a cord of some sort to the existing chute, so that I can temporarily lift it up when maneuvering around obstacles. But I'd like to also have the option to block the chute entirely when I don't want clippings to wind up in flower beds. Naturally I always try to point the chute away from beds, etc. but sometimes this just isn't possible.

(Bonus question - any replacement chutes made of rubber, not plastic, so in case I DO hit an obstacle, I'm less likely to damage the chute and/or obstacle itself?)

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Chute cover/blocker/lifter for Simplicity Courier?
Your best bet is to manufacture one yourself, as I never seen anything similar to what you want.

bkeller500

Threads
Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Simplicity Courier with 48" deck, and would like to install something that replaces the current chute (like a cover/blocker) that can be raised / lowered as needed.

Has anyone already found something that fits? I've searched Google and eBay, and tried one model that claimed to fit (but didn't) ... no luck so far.

Worst case, I'll just attach a cord of some sort to the existing chute, so that I can temporarily lift it up when maneuvering around obstacles. But I'd like to also have the option to block the chute entirely when I don't want clippings to wind up in flower beds. Naturally I always try to point the chute away from beds, etc. but sometimes this just isn't possible.

(Bonus question - any replacement chutes made of rubber, not plastic, so in case I DO hit an obstacle, I'm less likely to damage the chute and/or obstacle itself?)

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
ON my 2020 Simplicity courier XT. 52"....my discharge chute is rubber. Perhaps there are options from other models for the 48" decks. Could be difference from stamped deck vs fabricated deck. I was not able to find a chute blocker for my unit so I made one from a piece of aluminum from Home Depot. I have to attach with two bolts but it takes only a minute. Working on a plan to add a hinge & rope to pull it up or let it drop for leaves mulching coming soon.