choosing a correct stator and regulator Briggs 14hp

impalaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 14hp Briggs & Stratton on a zero turn. The mower has an electric PTO for the deck. My question is; what is the correct stator amps and regulator amps for my set up? I've been researching and it seems there are two different amperage types; a 5-9 amp and a 10-16 amp. Is this correct? Is the 5-9 amp like I have powerful enough to drive the PTO or do I need the larger one? I'm piecing this mower together and don't have the original parts Ariens used to go by.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Without removing the flywheel and looking at your magnets there is no way of knowing which amp you have as far as output. But the most common are the 9 amp one input wire and the 10 amp two input wire regulatored systems. The difference in the 5 or 9 amp system and the 10 or 16 amp is the flywheel So I would guess you have the 9 amp system which will be sufficient for your mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It would help if we had the model and type of the engine. The Ariens model would hurt to have too.

A few years ago I worked on an Ariens Zoom 34 that used a 3 amp setup with electric PTO.

On a side note most electric PTO clutches usually pull 3-5 amps.

impalaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Without removing the flywheel and looking at your magnets there is no way of knowing which amp you have as far as output. But the most common are the 9 amp one input wire and the 10 amp two input wire regulatored systems. The difference in the 5 or 9 amp system and the 10 or 16 amp is the flywheel So I would guess you have the 9 amp system which will be sufficient for your mower.
Thank you very much sir! I appreciate your time and assistance.