Cheetah II Hydro Pump Drive Belt Failure

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have got to be kidding me!!! Scrap a riding deck after every mow? I’ve never heard or have recommended this. What would grass under the deck have to do with rusting pulleys? If they would have said ”Blow off the top of the deck after every mow I would agree”. This would prevent a buildup of debris on the deck and prevent a possibility of moisture on the deck. Being that it is now out of warranty I would find the best dealer in your area to do your service work. I repeat,Scag builds a good unit. Only take it back to the other dealer if you have belt problems in the near future. Sorry you have to deal with people like, but I always said there are dealers who only want to make money, not help their customer. I’ve got three in my area, even one who threatened a law suit, because I’ve pointed out bad repairs and showed the customer what the dealer didn’t do right. When I went into the guys shop with the customer, the owner kicked both of us out and were told we were not allowed on the property again. He sold the customer the unit, but charged for repairs which should have been covered under warranty. I made sure to tell my customers about I experienced and never went back.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
You have got to be kidding me!!! Scrap a riding deck after every mow? I’ve never heard or have recommended this. What would grass under the deck have to do with rusting pulleys? If they would have said ”Blow off the top of the deck after every mow I would agree”. This would prevent a buildup of debris on the deck and prevent a possibility of moisture on the deck. Being that it is now out of warranty I would find the best dealer in your area to do your service work. I repeat,Scag builds a good unit. Only take it back to the other dealer if you have belt problems in the near future. Sorry you have to deal with people like, but I always said there are dealers who only want to make money, not help their customer. I’ve got three in my area, even one who threatened a law suit, because I’ve pointed out bad repairs and showed the customer what the dealer didn’t do right. When I went into the guys shop with the customer, the owner kicked both of us out and were told we were not allowed on the property again. He sold the customer the unit, but charged for repairs which should have been covered under warranty. I made sure to tell my customers about I experienced and never went back.
Not uncommon for customer mowers to have top and bottom of deck packed with grass when I service them. I scrape and clean them, remove spindle covers. I have seen a couple of mowers that sat out in high moisture situations with rusted pulleys and spindles. Had the replace some and use a wire wheel to remove rust.