Checked out All New ExMark 30in Mower Today

dfbrown

Well-Known Member
I checked out the new exmark 30inch mower today. Initial thoughts were good. motor sounds good and when the blades are engaged it sounds like its spinning real real agressive, for 170lbs feels nice, built solid, height adjustment is ideal and comes with bag, mulch plug and side discharge, throttle on the engine probably so it doesnt get hit by trees bushes etc. Price is $1,799.99 I have not seen the toro yet but i like the toro better on paper due to the way the self propelled handlebar set up is on the toro. I think the only thing I wasnt crazy about was the quality of cables looks cheep and the way the self propelled bail and bbc bail felt kinda cheep but thats about all i can complain about really. I did see that those are assembled in mexico for what its worth as the sticker indicated on it. Would like to see the toro next and I really wonder if people will buy these for 1800 instead of say honda and toro and exmark 21s that are 11-1400 bucks like why not spend a little more for the 30inch. Only thought to that is that most people dont even want to spend 1100 for a commercial 21 because they are cheep and would buy 2 garbage machines for 500 a piece and get 2 crap machines instead of 1 good one that will last for years. It should be interesting to see in a couple years if the 30inch mowers take off?
 
Thanks for the first-time review! Hopefully it sells better than the Metro 26. But the price IS very high! :rolleyes:

I am really interested to see if Honda makes one in a 30inch but can they keep the price in check. I know they can make one to blow the others out of the water with there eyes closed but keep the price in check might be a challange. Think about it, 30in, larger fuel tank, steel deck, hydro trans, bbc, steel wheels, already have motorcycle quality cables and smoothness. Only Time will tell.
 
I am really interested to see if Honda makes one in a 30inch but can they keep the price in check. I know they can make one to blow the others out of the water with there eyes closed but keep the price in check might be a challange. Think about it, 30in, larger fuel tank, steel deck, hydro trans, bbc, steel wheels, already have motorcycle quality cables and smoothness. Only Time will tell.

Yeah it would probably be double the price of the Exmark & Toro! :eek:
 
What did they do different this time? I looked at the toro time master non-commercial unit last year for $999. Now they are offering a commercial 30". Must be better components?
 
What did they do different this time? I looked at the toro time master non-commercial unit last year for $999. Now they are offering a commercial 30". Must be better components?

The differences between the two are, The Turfmaster has a Kawasaki engine with a blade tip speed of 18000, cutting heights of 1.5 to 5" and a 1 gal gas capacity. The Timemaster has a Briggs with a 1quart gas capacity and a cutting height of 4.25" and as far as blade tip speed I'd have to do some research but I'm guessing some where around 15 maybe 16000. There Heavy duty 21" commercial has a Honda engine, cutting height of 4.5 with a blade tip speed of like 17000.
 
Those are some big changes. How about the wheels? The timemaster had cheap plastic wheels, I'm hoping they put heavier wheels on. I am also still weary of the timed blades too. It does look like a good machine though. Thanks for the info Ric.
 
Those are some big changes. How about the wheels? The timemaster had cheap plastic wheels, I'm hoping they put heavier wheels on. I am also still weary of the timed blades too. It does look like a good machine though. Thanks for the info Ric.

Yes, I feel the same way about timed blades. I would be afraid I would accidentally scalp an area and then the blades would hit each other. But then again I have never used timed blades. The Billy Goat HomePro 34 did NOT have timed blades, but sometimes there would be a little strip of uncut grass in the middle when you turned.
HP3400 Blades.jpg
 
I had a Cub Cadet wide area walk behind that had timed blades, I didn't keep it long enough to find out how they'd do.
 
Back
Top