cheapeast burgular alarm available

slumlord

Threads
I got a harbor Freight #69590 driveway alarm and am very pleased with what it can do. You put the transmitter in a location to guard your stuff. One user even put one inside his car. The thing will transmit a signal inside to your house,and it can be set to two noise levels. It will alarm for a few seconds,and then alarm again with additional movement of the bad guy. The beam it shoots is about 25' or so and it dies off from there. The further it gets from the transmitter,the more the target has to be in the center of the beam. At 14 bucks on sale,pretty easy to deal with
There are limitations. probably the best way to use the thing is to put it up high and hide by camo or making it look like something else.I am not gonna advertise how to defeat it.
Best used when you are home and want to catch the guy in the act, or whatever. That groundhog that is digging in the garden? You know when he comes out of his den.One guy used it to alert him when feral hogs came to dig up the back yard at 2 AM. After shooting a few,the rest never came back. Kids sneaking out of or in to the house? They will think you have eyes in the back of your head.

If you can think of more ways to use it,I am all ears

For a true alarm that makes noise to scare the person away,just get a 15$ motion detector floodlight . Wire a 10" fire bell [$30]to one of the outlets and make the potential thief go away. You can set sensitivity and alarm duration to suit your taste.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got a harbor Freight #69590 driveway alarm and am very pleased with what it can do. You put the transmitter in a location to guard your stuff. One user even put one inside his car. The thing will transmit a signal inside to your house,and it can be set to two noise levels. It will alarm for a few seconds,and then alarm again with additional movement of the bad guy. The beam it shoots is about 25' or so and it dies off from there. The further it gets from the transmitter,the more the target has to be in the center of the beam. At 14 bucks on sale,pretty easy to deal with
There are limitations. probably the best way to use the thing is to put it up high and hide by camo or making it look like something else.I am not gonna advertise how to defeat it.
Best used when you are home and want to catch the guy in the act, or whatever. That groundhog that is digging in the garden? You know when he comes out of his den.One guy used it to alert him when feral hogs came to dig up the back yard at 2 AM. After shooting a few,the rest never came back. Kids sneaking out of or in to the house? They will think you have eyes in the back of your head.

If you can think of more ways to use it,I am all ears

For a true alarm that makes noise to scare the person away,just get a 15$ motion detector floodlight . Wire a 10" fire bell [$30]to one of the outlets and make the potential thief go away. You can set sensitivity and alarm duration to suit your taste.

My stuff is stored in a garage that is seperate from my house. The garage door was electric but I unplugged the motor so it can't be opened from out side it has the chain. Lock and also two slide locks.

My man door is metal but the frame is wood my solution was 4 hinges each hinge has 8 3 in screws into the frame and door. It has a door knob also 3 in screws and 2 dead bolts also all hardware has 3 in screws. And if I leave town I have a padlock on the door. :) swat team would have to try a few times to get through.

I have 2 driveway alarms one about 3 ft off ground and one about 6 in and about 3 feet seperating them anything coming into my yard I know about. Also I have a dog I don't generally worrie about wood be thieves

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My stuff is stored in a garage that is seperate from my house. The garage door was electric but I unplugged the motor so it can't be opened from out side it has the chain. Lock and also two slide locks.

My man door is metal but the frame is wood my solution was 4 hinges each hinge has 8 3 in screws into the frame and door. It has a door knob also 3 in screws and 2 dead bolts also all hardware has 3 in screws. And if I leave town I have a padlock on the door. :) swat team would have to try a few times to get through.

I have 2 driveway alarms one about 3 ft off ground and one about 6 in and about 3 feet seperating them anything coming into my yard I know about. Also I have a dog I don't generally worrie about wood be thieves

I am thinking you have has things come up missing.

I don't lock anything not even my house door. I leave my keys In the truck.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am thinking you have has things come up missing.

I don't lock anything not even my house door. I leave my keys In the truck.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

I had my gps stolen out of my truck. I've had christmas lights stolen. A leaf blower walked away.

My neighbors directly behind my garage across the alley have had 4 tires slashed 3 windows shot out the druggy kid beat to hell. So yah I'm a little over protective

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
First thing is to try to make the bad guys keep driving by. beware of dog signs in easily spotted locations.(Put a big water bowl with the name Jaws on it in the yard too.) 'fake' security cameras. I had a boss once that built grids of wood, painted them flat black, and mounted them on his windows. From the street, looked like metal burglar bars, but in an emergency he said you could just push your way out of the house.

There's 'Fake TV' for night time. It has some LEDS that change brightness/color to simulate a TV on.

There's Radar Rex or w'ever, not cheap, but sounds like a dog when people approach a door or wall w'ever.

FahrtAutoRC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Our best solution is our schedule. I work out of my own house/garage, doing a little bit of everything. My wife works until about 2 AM, then she comes home, and it is our "evening" time. I'm wide awake until sun up, at which time all the neighbors start moving about, and I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours. If anything does go "bump" in the night, there is a modded out Remington 870 Express waiting for action, and never far from us ;) The only time I ever had to bring it out of the closet, the 150 lumen UTG tac light did the trick without even having to chamber a round hehe

Stevie-Ray

Threads
There's security lights all over my house. When I'm fully moved there will be a CCTV system and driveway alarms. The driveway alarms will likely be next. EDC is a Glock 29 while there. Mossberg 930 SPX and Colt 6721 AR15 are main HD weapons. Perhaps overkill, since many don't even lock their stuff up, but unfortunately, I'm a veteran of Detroit.

slimbo

Threads
my stratfordshire works

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
slumlord, For years I have used the Radio Shack driveway alarm. They advertise up to 300 ft, but I have found heavy forest does affect them. The things work with multiple alarms as in several stories. Hold up really well through winter. We get 80 inches here and up to 2 feet snow, but temps are seldom below 20F.

Walleteater1

Threads
I saw this one on another forum awhile ago so I can't take credit for it.

Leave a couple pair of size 15+ muddy workboots on the steps with 3 large dog dishes and a sign on the door that says
"Bubba, Birtha n Tiney dont let out the pitbulls luse thay went aftre UPS man tis mornin."