cheap, good snow blower

crazyoldtractor

Active Member
Im looking to get a self propelled snowblower but they are all so expensive. I walk into Home Depot and they're all around $700! And Home Depot has crap! When I go into a Toro dealer they're around the same $700 price but I know they're better quallity, but still too much money. What is a good brand that makes a good snowblower that's CHEAPER than $700?
 
Do what I did. I gave away my snow blower and moved to Florida. We don't get much snow accumulations here. LOL
 
Im looking to get a self propelled snowblower but they are all so expensive. I walk into Home Depot and they're all around $700! And Home Depot has crap! When I go into a Toro dealer they're around the same $700 price but I know they're better quallity, but still too much money. What is a good brand that makes a good snowblower that's CHEAPER than $700?

you have to decide a few things first....single stage or two stage.....how much average snowfall in your area.... your local reputable servicing dealer or a big box store for purchase....toro is a popular brand and if the same blower you looked at was the same 700.00 at h.d. and the reputable servicing dealer,then i would be trotting over to the reputable servicing dealer to buy it.
 
Cheap and Good are seldom used together.... but there are a LOT of good used snow blowers out there....

Check your handy local mower repair shops.... also eBay and CraigsList.... Happy hunting, another couple months and the prices are apt to start going up... :smile:KennyV
 
Cheap and Good are seldom used together.... but there are a LOT of good used snow blowers out there....

Check your handy local mower repair shops.... also eBay and CraigsList.... Happy hunting, another couple months and the prices are apt to start going up... :smile:KennyV
So true! In fact, these days, the words "New and Good" are hardly used together!

If you want something that will last you, try and find a used snow blower, that is a good brand, and in good working condition.
 
Cheap and Good are seldom used together.... but there are a LOT of good used snow blowers out there....

Check your handy local mower repair shops.... also eBay and CraigsList.... Happy hunting, another couple months and the prices are apt to start going up... :smile:KennyV

Agree no such thing as GOOD and CHEAP it is either one or the other.

This is true for mowers also.
 
Agree no such thing as GOOD and CHEAP it is either one or the other.

This is true for mowers also.
It is true for everything I'm afraid.

Back in the "good old days", you could get something that was budget, but it would still last you for quite a long time if you treated it well.

These days, something that is budget will be lucky to last you a year. :frown:
 
Home Depot is selling an Ariens 20 inch 2 stage for $499. a bigger model with 24 inch cut and electric start for $599, so what is your problem with Ariens? I purchased a dual stage, 5 hp Craftsman for $365 with tax back in '89, still starts and runs fine, all original except for belts and spark plugs.

HD also is selling a Toro single stage for $399, and another for $559. That is four models for less than $700......:confused2:
 
Home Depot is selling an Ariens 20 inch 2 stage for $499. a bigger model with 24 inch cut and electric start for $599, so what is your problem with Ariens? I purchased a dual stage, 5 hp Craftsman for $365 with tax back in '89, still starts and runs fine, all original except for belts and spark plugs.

HD also is selling a Toro single stage for $399, and another for $559. That is four models for less than $700......:confused2:
I stand corrected!
 
Menards is selling an electric start, 24 inch cut dual stage Murray for $569, and an electric start, 26 inch cut dual stage MTD for $649.
 
Back
Top