Cheap Chinses Carb

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the OP cutting grass yet?

2ball

Threads
So I bought a new needle and float and installed them. I have not tested them to see if they are functioning property.

I did cut grass when the needle tip was broken off, so I assume the needle was not working at all at that time. The mower ran properly and I shut off the fuel as soon as I was done.

Do I need to change the oil because I ran the mower without a properly working float?, or will it be ok, because the needle does most of the work when the engine is off?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I bought a new needle and float and installed them. I have not tested them to see if they are functioning property.

I did cut grass when the needle tip was broken off, so I assume the needle was not working at all at that time. The mower ran properly and I shut off the fuel as soon as I was done.

Do I need to change the oil because I ran the mower without a properly working float?, or will it be ok, because the needle does most of the work when the engine is off?
Definitely on dumping the oil. Maybe 2 or 3 times to get all the fuel out.

That needle works all the time just like a toilet in your house does. Yes it needs replaced and the seat cleaned/replaced too.