Charging Battery

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the land of the free & the home of the brave perhap things are done too cheap
I used to make batteries ( well the company used to make them, I worked in the lab )
There is a plethoria of different paste technologies, plate sizes shapes & thicknesss
Any one who installs a flooded cell battery on a mower deserves t he massive repair bill that they will most likely generate
A sealed battery has a one way pressure valve fitted to that overflow .

TobyU

Threads
In the land of the free & the home of the brave perhap things are done too cheap
I used to make batteries ( well the company used to make them, I worked in the lab )
There is a plethoria of different paste technologies, plate sizes shapes & thicknesss
Any one who installs a flooded cell battery on a mower deserves t he massive repair bill that they will most likely generate
A sealed battery has a one way pressure valve fitted to that overflow .
In the US, you would be hard-pressed to find a standard riding mower or lawn tractor and someone's household possessions that has anything other than a cheap flooded cell battery.
They run them on sale every season for between 16.99 and 19.99 and these of course are the cheapest little 1:45 to 155 CCA which is below the crank yams and capacity of many of the batteries people are replacing.
Of course you can get the 195 225 275 even 325 to 3:45 but those will get up to be at least 28 to $38 at the better priced places in town. They are still just cheap lawn and garden batteries though.
You might find some newer machines or much larger machines or equipment that may have some sort of AGM battery in it but it's still pretty unlikely.
If I were to go look at 20 - 50 to 60 in cut zero turn mowers at people's houses today, I'm guessing at least 18 if not all 20 of them would be a standard flooded cell battery.
I'm also not sure what type of massive repair bill they could possibly generate from using one of these batteries as again, pretty much everyone around here does.
They don't have any repair bills due to the battery other than when it stops working which is usually in anytime after about 3 years and they just slap a new one in there.

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, although my Liberty has an AGM.

TobyU

Threads
True, although my Liberty has an AGM.
Going to start seeing more and more esp factory original ones.
They have had AGM for motorcycles for a long time now but people often buy the cheaper replacements that are flooded old style when they need one.