Charging Battery

CC50

Threads
Have a battery tender and want advice on if I should
A-Take Inside house and use tender
B-Leave inside garage and use tender
C-Leave inside house and attach tender to fully charge in spring

I have read Cub Cadet does not recommend leaving battery in mower to charge when mower is EFI.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the unit is in an attached garage this is what I would recommend. Disconnect the battery, attach the tender and fully charge for two days. Disconnect tender and recharge every two months. Don’t reconnect battery until spring. Unattached garage remove the battery. In an attached garage or house, attach the tender and fully charge for two days. Disconnect tender and recharge every two months.

CC50

Threads
If the unit is in an attached garage this is what I would recommend. Disconnect the battery, attach the tender and fully charge for two days. Disconnect tender and recharge every two months. Don’t reconnect battery until spring. Unattached garage remove the battery. In an attached garage or house, attach the tender and fully charge for two days. Disconnect tender and recharge every two months.
under either scenario can /should I leave battery in garage to charge or charge inside house?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would never charge a battery in the house!!!! I only recommend storing a battery in a house if the only other option is an unattached building, but many say you can store in an unattached building if you keep it fully charged.

CC50

Threads
I would never charge a battery in the house!!!! I only recommend storing a battery in a house if the only other option is an unattached building, but many say you can store in an unattached building if you keep it fully charged.
My mower is stored in unheated garage. My plan was to attach a battery tender and leave on all winter in Michigan. Am I correct in doing that?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the barn I use battery tenders on 9 batteries and leave them on all winter. I don't disconnect any of them from the equipment. Never have a problem in the spring.
Boat 4 deep cycle
Motor home 2 deep cycle
Tractor
Zero turn
Minivan

CC50

Threads
In the barn I use battery tenders on 9 batteries and leave them on all winter. I don't disconnect any of them from the equipment. Never have a problem in the spring.
Boat 4 deep cycle
Motor home 2 deep cycle
Tractor
Zero turn
Minivan
Problem is my Cub has a fuel infected engine and Cub says not to attach tender while battery is still connected to motor

Lawn Addict
Threads
Personally I’m not one who likes to leave tenders on for an extended period of time.
Ditto. I use mine till they float, then next day remove them. Then repeat following week.