The problem with picking and choosing when you carry a firearm is that you are playing a guessing game as to when you will need it. Sometimes we have reasonable times when it would obviously be in our way, but you still never know when you will actually need it. By having it with me almost always, it doesn't matter when trouble finds me, because I have a reasonable expectation of being able to cope with it. Noone is trying to grand stand or go crazy with bang bang shootem up scenerios here. But as a law enforcement officer, or as john q citizen, I know that criminal activity rarely happens when it is most convienient for the victim. If criminal activity happens when we could plan for it, there would by nature be less victims. I hope none of the viewers here or any of their loved ones are ever touched by negativity as we have discribed during this forum, but I would certainly feel sheepish if I did have something bad happen to myself or a loved one when I could have had the opportunity to prevent or combat the threat, but instead I was worried about being too civilized to protect us, therefore subjecting myself to being victimized without recourse. Carrying a firearm during your normal activities should be done out of the eye of the public, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. Its our choice, as it should be. Even in the wild wild west, not everyone carried a firearm. But those that did didn't have to take whatever came down the pipe, since they had something they could send down the barrel. Just food for thought. :smile: