Carftsman mini tiller/cultivator

blendmik

Member
Greetings,
I have a Craftsman mini tiller/cultivator that usually runs perfect.
This year when I brought it out to start it, the starting cable pulls all the way out but doesn't engage the motor. It has tension, but when it is pulled out nothing happens and it recoils back into the housing ?
Any hints ? Thanks very much.
 
fresh gas, spark plug, air & fuel filters,fresh oil, compression with plug removed, check for spark with spark tester

remove recoil starter assembly & inspect all parts.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Mechanic Mark, but I've done that. I do it every year when I bring it out as preventive maintenance, except for compression test.
This issue is not the running or operation of the motor. The pull cable doesn't engage the clutch at all. You pull it to start it and it pulls al the way out then retracts. It just pulls out and retracts. Thanks
 
Back
Top