carburetor problems

carl30401

Forum Newbie
i have a v twin on my riding lawnmower the carburetor is loping i put new gaskets in it and it still does it what now
 
I don't know what you have but as a rule when a small engine is loping or not running even its in the low speed circuit of the carburetor. adjustment or something is plugged. These small carburetors have some small holes in them so take a small tag wire and make sure they are all open. Seeing I don't know what you have I don't know if your carburetor is adjustable or not but if it is start there.
 
the carburetor is not adjustible i cleaned the carburetor out and cleaned the holes out that you were talking about but it still lopes
 
some of these small carburetors have soft plugs in them so make sure you remove them and clean under them. Also are sure you have no vacuum leaks. What I have done in the pass is sandpaper the carburetor flange on a flat surface to make sure it isn't warped. Is your throttle linkage all hooked up right? As for myself I have taken a carburetor apart more then once because I missed something. It sound like a fuel or carburetor problim?
 
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:
 
the engine want idle it runs up and down im thinking it needs a new carburator

It could possibly have an air leak between the carb and the engine. When it is running, spray some carb cleaner between the carb and the engine and see if the engine speed changes.
 
Back
Top