Fuel Carburetor problem?

saber_35

Threads
2006 31 hp Briggs and Stratton. Engine has a miss at low rpm's but runs fine at wide open throttle. I'm thinking a dirty slow jet in the carb? I've have searched carb rebuild kits but the one's I've seen do not come with the float valve. Why not?
Jeffrey

supertech

Threads
Is this the typical rectangeled shape carburetor that come on most twin cyl. engines? If so look for two small towers in the casting on top of carb, each will have a small plug or cap in it, lightly drill a small hole in each plug and pry it out, under these caps are the mixture screws. The factory sets the mixture setting very lean to help pass EPA regulations. Over time it will run even leaner. If everything else is in good running condition you can re-adjust the mixture settings and make these engines run smooth as hell. Remember- screw in - LEANER , screw out- RICHER. Usually does not take much to improve it.

saber_35

Threads
Is this the typical rectangeled shape carburetor that come on most twin cyl. engines? If so look for two small towers in the casting on top of carb, each will have a small plug or cap in it, lightly drill a small hole in each plug and pry it out, under these caps are the mixture screws. The factory sets the mixture setting very lean to help pass EPA regulations. Over time it will run even leaner. If everything else is in good running condition you can re-adjust the mixture settings and make these engines run smooth as hell. Remember- screw in - LEANER , screw out- RICHER. Usually does not take much to improve it.
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. I hear that hell is pretty rough though. :biggrin:
Jeffrey