Carburetor for BS 19G412-1129-E1 10 hp

LMPPLUS

Threads
I've been looking for a new carburetor for my BS powered generator. Does anyone sell NOS carbs? All the ones I seem to find are chinese knock offs of dubious quality. The model number of the original carb is 690115 which superseded 690111. I wonder if any other BS carbs will work. A couple OEM's I've seen are around $200!
Rebuilding my original carb is not really an option. It got gummed and corroded from sitting with old gas in the bowl years ago. I cleaned it up as best I could but it can be a real bear to start the engine sometimes. I got it to run after spraying a little gas down the spark hole which seems to be the only way it will start now.
You might look at the B&S # 591378 Carb used on the models 204412 & 204432 10HP engines or the aftermarket version Stens # 520-005.

Bleach

Threads
I'll add that carb to my searches. I was thinking there had to be other carbs that would work. It's just like there are a lot of carb options for a Chevy small block.

Bleach

Threads
I've had no real luck finding another carburetor, at least not for a seemingly reasonable price. I needed to remove the carburetor I have because of a stuck float needle. It was overfilling the bowl and leaking really bad. I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning and then thoroughly blowing everything out. I needed to use a small wire in the nozzle to clean it. I remembered that I had damaged the its slot while trying to remove it many years ago when I had it apart the first time. I tried again to remove it with a screwdriver I had filed to fit the slot but it still wouldn't budge. I got it all back together and the leak was fixed. It seemed to run better than it did before. It looks like the original carburetor will suffice for now. I'll still keep an eye out for another original carburetor just for a spare.
1708372148770.png