Carburetor 1

mdupre07

Threads
With all due respect, the tech that worked on this has 30+ years experience. I would assume he was thorough.I did just bring him the carb. I removed and replaced it myself. Hooked everything up and replaced the gaskets.
I'm thinking of a fuel delivery problem. I tried draining the tank. Do I use the one into the filter?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As Star said, ultrasonic cleaning is not 100% fixers. Factors such as liquid temperature, cleaning solution, cycle frequency and time, etc. all affect how well the unit works. On top of that I’ve seen units that will not open up jets and nozzles due to the hardness of the material clogging the orifaces, even if they are removed and cleaned separately. Sounds to me like the jets are still clogged. Many techs figure that they will work even if they don’t completely disassemble the carbs. If you don’t remove the jet’s and nozzle you don’t know if they are open.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With all due respect, the tech that worked on this has 30+ years experience. I would assume he was thorough.I did just bring him the carb. I removed and replaced it myself. Hooked everything up and replaced the gaskets.
I'm thinking of a fuel delivery problem. I tried draining the tank. Do I use the one into the filter?
Even after 40 yrs I still have carbs that hard to clean. Sometimes foreign items block passages such as Loctite. I even had one with a grain of sand to block jet. Some of these are crystal clear and can be only spotted using 10X loupe and a trained eye.

And Rivets said I have had clogs in jet so smooth that ultrasonics could not get a grip on the clog until it is roughen up.

Otherwords it may take more shot at it. Doesn't matter if chemically or ultrasonic cleaned still at times just take more one shot at the cleaning. And there are case where nothing seems to work.