Carburetor 1

djt31982

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brand new carb on kawasaki fr691v ride mol an it starts up then dies 5 sec .any suggestion

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will have to provide us with a lot more information about your unit before anyone can try to help you. Remember we are not psychic or have ESP since COVID hit.
1. What type of equipment are you talking about?
2. What are the units model and serial numbers?
3. What is the full model and serial number of the engine?
4. What was the part number of the new carb?
5. Where did you purchase the carb?
6. What was your original problem?
7. What did you do to try to fix the problem before replacing the carb?
Remember we are thousands of miles away, not standing next to you with a cold strong drink in hand to see what you have so we rely on you to paint the best picture possible of your problem.

djt31982

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • dovipshopping (599)
  • 99.3% positive feedback
  • Ebay
  • Z 248F ZERO TURN
  • FR691V FS691V CARBURETOR
  • E/NO FR691VE46018 KAWASAKI
  • THE ENGINE WOULD SPUDDER ENGAGE R NOT
  • GASKETS WAS BAD SO I ORDERED NEW I CHANGED WHOLE THING IT CRANK RIGHT UP AN DIED 5 SECS LATER AND WOULD REPEAT THE SAME EVERYTIME I CRANKED IT . FUEL LINES CLEAN BRAND NEW FUEL FILTER, SPARK PLUGS WAS 1 BLACK AN OTHER ONE LIKE DARK BROWN WASNT AS BAD , CHECK OIL , EVEN SWAP PARTS OFF NEW ONE TO OLD JUST TO C . NOW IT RUNS PRETTY DESENT SPUTTERS STILL EVERY SO OFTEN AN I CLEAN AIR FILTER

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carb should have a number like this, Kawasaki 15004-7063, but this is only an example as the serial number you posted I can’t find. I need the units serial number. All I know now is you have a Husqvarna Z-turn with a Kawasaki FR691V engine. It was running rough and surging so you decided to throw parts at it. You purchased an aftermarket carb off FleaBay and that didn’t help, plus you didn’t give us the carb part number. The picture you painted is very blurry, so please try clearing it up, plus turn the caps lock OFF

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Carb should have a number like this, Kawasaki 15004-7063, but this is only an example as the serial number you posted I can’t find. I need the units serial number. All I know now is you have a Husqvarna Z-turn with a Kawasaki FR691V engine. It was running rough and surging so you decided to throw parts at it. You purchased an aftermarket carb off FleaBay and that didn’t help, plus you didn’t give us the carb part number. The picture you painted is very blurry, so please try clearing it up, plus turn the caps lock OFF
Hopefully you didn’t throw old OEM carburetor away.
-Check fuel flow.
-Check to be sure anti-after fire solenoid on carburetor is working (if equipped).
-Clean old OEM carburetor and install with good gaskets.
Let us know after these things are done.

mdupre07

Threads
I have the same problem on my mower. The unit is a Gravely ZTXL 48 - 915162 w/ FR691V - BS00 - S. Carb #'s I found are: 26 China 47063. It is a Warlbro. I had the carb sonic cleaned (I work at a lawn mower dealer/repair shop). Had the problem before of engine only running half-assed at full choke. Off choke, runs for 5 seconds then killing. Now, same thing. Did maintenance and reinstalled carb. No change.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Cleaning a carb in USC is not a cure all plus a lot times it takes a lot more time then most thinks. It also depending how completely the carb is disassembled. There places that can't be cleaned unless the area is open to the ultrasonics.

Some think 30 minutes in an USC does the job. Well in my 300 watt USC with four transducers it might take up to four 30 minutes cycles.

As with all cleaning methods there are areas that has to be hand cleaned.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you cleaned the carb, did you remove and clean both the main jet and nozzle? Also, has this carb been serviced before? I ask this because there are three different main jets used on that carb.