Carb linkage

frankjc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have a spring that was hanging disconnected when I got this mower. Are there any diagrams out there that will show the correct way to install the springs and linkage. somebody took it apart and didn't put it back together properly. Its a Bolens push mower with a Quantum Power 3.5. Thanks

Attachments

• MOWER NUMBERS.jpg
    MOWER NUMBERS.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 10

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you show us the spring and where it was hanging?

frankjc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the carburetor. The spring in question is on the top. My best guess told me to hook it on the top of the choke. It looks right to me, but doesn't seem to be closing the choke enough. When I got the mower, gas poured from the carburetor. I took the float bowl off and found that there were 2 bowl gaskets and the washer on the bottom was missing. I fixed both of those problems and got it running. i was also wondering if maybe the spring is just too worn.

Attachments

• bolenscarb.jpg
    bolenscarb.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me that spring is used to snap the choke closed, when starting. Before throwing new parts at it, I would get a can of carb cleaner and spray clean all that crap on the outside of the carb. Then check to see if the choke will snap closed.

frankjc

Forum Newbie
Threads
To me that spring is used to snap the choke closed, when starting. Before throwing new parts at it, I would get a can of carb cleaner and spray clean all that crap on the outside of the carb. Then check to see if the choke will snap closed.
Exactly what I was thinking. That is as far as the choke will close when in the choke position. It starts, but I wanted to make sure everything is correct before I put it back together.

frankjc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I adjusted the throttle cable, and now it seems to be working correctly. Now time to sharpen the blade.